- a removing or being removed; esp.,
- a taking away or being taken away
- dismissal from an office or position
- a change of place, residence, etc.
- Law the transfer of a case from one court to another, esp. from a state court to a federal court
- a. The act of removing.b. The fact of being removed.
- Relocation, as of a residence or business.
- Dismissal, as from office.
remove +"Ž -al
removal - Legal Definition
- An altering or moving of a person or thing from one location to another.
- The taking of an action from a state court and transferring it to a federal court.
- A petition made by a defendant to have a case moved from one court to another, usually as in the second definition.