- a dismissing or being dismissed
- an order for the dismissing of someone
- a. The act of dismissing.b. The condition of being dismissed.
- An order or notice of discharge.
- The act of sending someone away.
- Deprivation of office; the fact or process of being fired from employment or stripped of rank.
- A written or spoken statement of such an act.
- Release from confinement; liberation.
- Removal from consideration; putting something out of one's mind, mentally disregarding something or someone.
- (law) The rejection of a legal proceeding, or a claim or charge made therein.
- (cricket) The event of a batsman getting out; a wicket.
dismissal - Legal Definition
- The termination of a legal proceeding by the judge, before a trial or hearing, typically on the grant of a motion to dismiss by the adverse party, or because the claimant failed to proceed with the action or comply with an order of the court, or because the claimant has agreed to end the proceeding.
- Of employment, the firing of an employee.
A dismissal that allows the claimant to bring the same claim again at some time in the future, within any applicable period of limitations.dismissal with prejudice
A dismissal that bars the claimant from bringing the claim again at any time in the future.involuntary dismissal
A dismissal of a claim that the claimant desired to pursue.voluntary dismissal
A dismissal by the claimant or with the claimant’s consent to withdraw the claim.