employment[em plo̵i′mənt, im-]
This woman's employment is working in a coffee shop.
- Employment is defined as what you do as a paying job.
An example of employment is working for a coffee shop.
- The definition of employment is the number or percentage of people who have jobs.
An example of employment is the percentage of citizens with paying jobs listed state by state.
- an employing or being employed
- the thing at which one is employed; work; occupation; profession; job
- the number or percentage of persons gainfully employed
- Archaic purpose to which something is put
- a. The act of employing.b. The state of being employed.
- The work in which one is engaged; occupation.
- An activity to which one devotes time.
(countable and uncountable, plural employments)
employment - Legal Definition