- Employment is defined as what you do as a paying job.
An example of employment is working for a coffee shop.
- The definition of employment is the number or percentage of people who have jobs.
An example of employment is the percentage of citizens with paying jobs listed state by state.
This woman's employment is working in a coffee shop.
- an employing or being employed
- the thing at which one is employed; work; occupation; profession; job
- the number or percentage of persons gainfully employed
- Archaic purpose to which something is put
- a. The act of employing.b. The state of being employed.
- The work in which one is engaged; occupation.
- An activity to which one devotes time.
(countable and uncountable, plural employments)
employment - Legal Definition