- an employing or being employed
- the thing at which one is employed; work; occupation; profession; job
- the number or percentage of persons gainfully employed
- Archaic purpose to which something is put
This woman's employment is working in a coffee shop.
- Employment is defined as what you do as a paying job.
An example of employment is working for a coffee shop.
- The definition of employment is the number or percentage of people who have jobs.
An example of employment is the percentage of citizens with paying jobs listed state by state.
- a. The act of employing.b. The state of being employed.
- The work in which one is engaged; occupation.
- An activity to which one devotes time.
(countable and uncountable, plural employments)
employment - Legal Definition
- Call the employment office.
- Stopping by the employment office, she contracted for temporary help to put up the fence.
- Copper is not yet universally employed, price being the governing factor in its employment; moreover, the conducting quality of the iron used for telegraphic purposes has of late years been very greatly improved.
- Per day, but only find employment, on an average, 230 days in the year.
- I read one or two shallow books of travel in the intervals of my work, till that employment made me ashamed of myself, and I asked where it was then that I lived.