An employer talking with her employee.
The definition of an employer is a person or a business that gives a paying job to one or more people.
The company you work for is an example of your employer.
one who employs; esp., a person, business firm, etc. that hires one or more persons to work for wages or salary
From French employeur.
- He's my employer, nothing else.
- I seek an alliance against my former employer and to regain my place at the Council, Sasha answered.
- The relation between employer and employee is in the main far more personal and kindly than in the mills of the Northern States.
- In 1900 laws were passed regulating the contract of labour, placing the workman on a footing of perfect equality with his employer, assuring the married woman free control of her savings, and organizing a system of old-age pensions.
- Uniform regulations were to be followed in all trades and districts; one-third of the premium was paid by the employer, two-thirds by the workmen.