- Acceptance means agreeing to receive something or the act of receiving it.
An example of acceptance would be the taking of a bribe.
- The definition of acceptance means agreeing with or taking on a belief or beliefs.
An example of acceptance would be agreeing with the theory of evolution.
- an accepting or being accepted
- approving reception; approval; acceptability
- belief in; assent
- a draft or bill of exchange that has been accepted for payment
- Law an express or implied act by which one accepts an obligation, offer, contract, etc. together with all its legal consequences
- The act or process of accepting.
- The state of being accepted or acceptable.
- Favorable reception; approval.
- Belief in something; agreement.
- a. A formal indication by a debtor of willingness to pay a draft or bill of exchange.b. An instrument so accepted, especially a bankers' acceptance.
- Law The demonstration of agreement with the terms and conditions of another's offer so that the offer becomes a contract between the two parties.
- The act of accepting; a receiving of something offered, with approbation, satisfaction, or acquiescence; especially, favorable reception; approval
- the acceptance of a gift, office, doctrine, etc.
- Belief in something; agreement; assent.
- State of being accepted.
- (business, finance) An assent and engagement by the person on whom a bill of exchange is drawn, to pay it when due according to the terms of the acceptance.
- (business, finance) The bill of exchange itself when accepted.
- An agreeing to terms or proposals by which a bargain is concluded and the parties are bound; the reception or taking of a thing bought as that for which it was bought, or as that agreed to be delivered, or the taking possession as owner.
- (law) An agreeing to the action of another, by some act which binds the person in law.
- (US, government) The act of an authorized representative of the Government by which the Government assents to ownership by it of existing and identified supplies, or approves specific services rendered, as partial or complete performance of a contract.
- The usual or accepted meaning of a word or expression.
- (Australia, New Zealand, plural only) A list of horses accepted as starters in a race.
- (legal, An agreeing to the action of another, by some act which binds the person in law): In modern law, proposal and acceptance are the constituent elements into which all contracts are resolved.
acceptance - Legal Definition