- The definition of accepted is approved or considered normal or usual.
The theory of gravity is an example of an idea that is generally accepted.
- Accepted means an object or idea that was approved of in the past.
The idea that the world is flat is an example of an idea that was accepted hundreds of years ago.
- simple past tense and past participle of accept
(comparative more accepted, superlative most accepted)
- Generally approved, believed, or recognized.
accept + -ed
- I offered to help and you accepted my offer.
- He at once resigned his commission, and without waiting for it to be accepted took leave of absence and went to Moscow.
- Carmen accepted the hug and stepped back, startled to silence.
- It was an odd mix that warned him she'd not yet accepted her place in his world.
- He accepted the blanket with a sour look.