- picked out by preference; selected
- Theol. elect; favored by God
This is the meal she has chosen.
The definition of chosen is a person or thing that has been picked out or decided upon.
An example of chosen is a meal a person orders at a restaurant.
pp. of choose
Jpn. name for Korea
Past participle of choose
- Selected from or preferred above others: the chosen few.
- Having been selected by God; elect.
nounused with a pl. verb
The elect considered as a group. Often used with the.
A name used for Korea since the second millennium BC.
- Damian couldn't have chosen a better guard.
- Right now he was wondering if he had chosen the right occupation.
- And have you chosen to?
- They say he went mad when the woman he'd chosen as his mate chose Kris instead.
- I have chosen this paper because I want the spray of violets in the corner to tell you of my grateful love.