He chose this pumpkin.
The definition of chose is the past form of choose and means to have made a selection.
An example of chose is someone saying they picked the best pumpkin in the patch.
Law a piece of personal property; chattel
Origin of choseOFr, thing from Classical Latin causa, matter, affair
Past tense of choose
An item of personal property; a chattel.
Origin of choseFrench from Latin causa thing, case, reason
- She chose her words carefully.
- The Others betrayed you and chose Talon to replace you.
- There has to be another reason you chose me.
- In spite of his size, his steps were light, as if he chose every one carefully.
- He chose to overlook Cora's disappointment at how close she'd been to home without being able to go back.