Jackie resolved to beat her previous time in the annual half marathon.
- The definition of resolved is something that is firm or determined.
An example of something resolved is a marathon runner's desire to finish the race; resolved desire.
- Resolved is defined as an agreement has been reached.
An example of something resolved is when all family members have agreed who will be cooking the holiday meal.
- Simple past tense and past participle of resolve.
- The Dutch Company in 1614 again resolved to send a fleet to the Moluccas by the westward route, and Joris Spilbergen was appointed to the command as admiral, with a commission from the States-General.
- Finding that he had been forestalled, Garcia resolved to return home.
- So the prisoners resolved to leave their prison at once.
- Nothing was truly resolved except possibly the hostility between them.
- I resolved that I, too, would learn to speak.