resolved[ri zälvd′, -zôlvd′]
- The definition of resolved is something that is firm or determined.
An example of something resolved is a marathon runner's desire to finish the race; resolved desire.
- Resolved is defined as an agreement has been reached.
An example of something resolved is when all family members have agreed who will be cooking the holiday meal.
resolved definition by Webster's New World
- resolvedly adverb
Variant of resolve
- to break up into separate, constituent elements or parts; analyze
- to change or transform: used reflexively: a discussion that resolved itself into an argument
- to cause (a person) to decide: the flood that resolved him to sell
- to reach as a decision or intention; determine: to resolve to go
- to find the solution or an answer to (a problem); solve
- to make a decision about: to resolve the points at issue
- to explain or make clear; show the resolution of (a problem, a fictional plot, etc.)
- to remove or dispel (doubt, etc.)
- to decide by vote; make a formal decision about; express by resolution, as an assembly does
- Obsolete to cause to dissolve or melt
- Chem. to separate (an optically inactive compound or mixture) into its optically active components
- Med. to cause (a swelling, fever, etc.) to subside or disappear
- Music to cause (a chord or tone) to undergo resolution
- Physics to make distinguishable the individual parts of (an image, radar echo, etc.)
Origin: Middle English resolven ; from Classical Latin resolvere: see re- and amp; solve
- to be resolved, as by analysis
- to come to a decision; make a resolution; determine
- Music to undergo resolution
- fixed purpose or intention; firm determination
- a formal resolution, as of an assembly
- resolver noun