that resolves; causing solution or resolution
- something that resolves; specif., a medicine that reduces swelling
- something that resolves problems, equations, etc.
Causing or able to cause separation into constituents; solvent.
A resolvent substance, especially a medicine that reduces inflammation or swelling.
(comparative more resolvent, superlative most resolvent)
- Able to resolve (separate) the constituents of a mixture
- Any substance or material able to resolve the constituents of a mixture; a solvent.
- (medicine) That which has power to disperse inflammatory or other tumours; a discutient; anything which aids the absorption of effused products.
- (mathematics) An equation upon whose solution the solution of a given problem depends.