- The definition of advancement is a forward movement or improvement.
- A promotion at work is an example of an advancement.
- The Internet's effect on the speed of communication is an example of advancement.
advancement definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an advancing or being advanced
- promotion, as to a higher rank
- progress or improvement; furtherance
- Law money or property given as an advance share in the estate of a person who later dies without making a will: it is deducted from the total share of the recipient in the intestate's estate
advancement definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A forward step; an improvement.
- Development; progress: the advancement of knowledge.
- A promotion, as in rank.
- The act of moving forward. See Usage Note at advance.
advancement - Legal Definition
Webster's New World Law Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
advancement - Medical Definition
A surgical procedure in which a tendinous insertion or a skin flap is severed from its attachment and is sutured to a further point on the body.