- an obstruction in a road; specif.,
- Mil. a blockade of logs, wire, cement, etc., for holding up enemy vehicles at a point covered by heavy fire
- a blockade, often of patrol cars, set up by police, as for stopping a fugitive, inspecting vehicles, etc.
- any hindrance or obstacle in the way of an objective
to obstruct with a roadblock
- A barricade or obstruction across a road set up to prevent the escape or passage, as of a fugitive or enemy troops.
- An obstruction in a road, as fallen rocks or trees.
- Something, such as a situation or condition, that prevents further progress toward an accomplishment.
(third-person singular simple present roadblocks, present participle roadblocking, simple past and past participle roadblocked)