- The definition of a restriction is a limitation.
An example of a restriction is not being allowed to drink alcohol until you're 21 years old.
restriction definition by Webster's New World
- a restricting or being restricted
- something that restricts; limitation
Origin: Middle English restriccion ; from Middle French restriction ; from Classical Latin restrictio
restriction definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act of restricting.b. The state of being restricted.
- Something that restricts; a regulation or limitation.