- a circumscribing or being circumscribed
- a boundary or outline
- a limitation or restriction
- a surrounding substance
- a circumscribed space or area
- an inscription, as around a coin or medal
See circumscription in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- The act of circumscribing or the state of being circumscribed.
- Something, such as a limit or restriction, that circumscribes.
- A circumscribed space or area.
- A circular inscription, as on a medallion.
Origin: Latin circumscrīptiō, circumscrīptiōn-
Origin: , from circumscrīptus
Origin: , past participle of circumscrībere, to circumscribe; see circumscribe
- cirˌcum·scripˈtive adjective
- cirˌcum·scripˈtive·ly adverb
Learn more about circumscription