The exterior of a building.
- The definition of exterior is something on the outside, or to be used on the outside, or something that comes from the outside.
- An example of exterior is paint meant for the outside of a house.
- An example of exterior is a set of issues brought up which are not related to a core problem being discussed; exterior issues.
- The exterior is defined as the outside or outer appearance.
An example of exterior is the outside of a house.
- on the outside; outer; outermost: an exterior wall
- to be used on the outside: exterior paint
- originating outside; acting or coming from without: exterior forces
Origin of exteriorL, comparative of exter, exterus, on the outside: see external
- an outside or outside surface
- an outward appearance: a misleading exterior
- a picture, view, stage setting, etc. of a scene outdoors
- Outer; external: the exterior door.
- Originating or acting from the outside: exterior influences on the negotiations.
- Suitable for use outside: an exterior paint.
- A part or a surface that is outside: the exterior of the house.
- An external or outward appearance: a friendly exterior.
- a. A representation of the outdoors for use on a soundstage or in a theater: The artist painted exteriors for the film.b. A scene for a movie or television program that is filmed outdoors: The exteriors for the film were shot in the mountains of New Zealand.
Origin of exteriorLatin comparative of exter outward ; see eghs in Indo-European roots.
- Relating to the outside parts or surface of something.
- the exterior part of a sphere
- Being from outside a country; foreign.
- the exterior relations of a state or kingdom
- The outside part, parts or surface of something.
- It was written on the exterior
- Foreign lands.
- She is our new minister of the exterior