- The definition of a scenario is a series of events that is projected to occur.
When you run through all of the possible outcomes of a conversation in your head, this is an example of a situation where you run through all possible scenarios.
- an outline or synopsis of a play, opera, or the like, indicating scenes, characters, etc.
- ☆ the script of a film
- an outline for any proposed or planned series of events, real or imagined
Origin: It from Classical Latin scaenarium from scaena, stage, scene
- ☆ scenarist noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. sce·nar·i·os
- An outline of the plot of a dramatic or literary work.
- a. An outline for a screenplay.b. A treatment for a screenplay.c. A screenplay.
- An outline or model of an expected or supposed sequence of events: “In the scenario posed by many climatologists, decades of continued global warming would raise sea levels anywhere from 20 inches to more than 11 feet” (San Francisco Chronicle).
Origin: Italian, from scena, scene, from Latin scaena; see scene.