When you run through all of the possible outcomes of a conversation in your head, this is an example of a situation where you run through all possible scenarios.
- an outline or synopsis of a play, opera, or the like, indicating scenes, characters, etc.
- ⌂ the script of a film
- an outline for any proposed or planned series of events, real or imagined
Origin of scenarioItalian ; from Classical Latin scaenarium ; from scaena, stage, scene
- An expected or supposed situation or sequence of events: “In the scenario posed by many climatologists, decades of continued global warming would raise sea levels anywhere from 20 inches to more than 11 feet” (San Francisco Chronicle).
- An outline of the plot of a dramatic or literary work.
- a. An outline for a screenplay.b. A treatment for a screenplay.c. A screenplay.
Origin of scenarioItalian, scenery, plot outline, from scena, scene, from Latin scaena; see scene.