The bride and groom had planned for the scenario in which it rained during their outdoor wedding ceremony.
When you run through all of the possible outcomes of a conversation in your head, this is an example of a situation where you run through all possible scenarios.
- an outline or synopsis of a play, opera, or the like, indicating scenes, characters, etc.
- the script of a film
- an outline for any proposed or planned series of events, real or imagined
Origin of scenarioItalian from Classical Latin scaenarium from scaena, stage, scene
- An expected or supposed situation or sequence of events: “It was almost impossible to conceive a scenario in which he would fail to qualify for at least three Olympic events” ( Jeremy Schaap )
- An outline of the plot of a dramatic or literary work.
- a. An outline or treatment for a screenplay.b. A screenplay.
Origin of scenarioItalian scenery, plot outline from scena scene from Latin scaena ; see scene .