resume[ri zo̵̅o̅m′, -zyo̵̅o̅m′]
- The definition of a resume is a summary of educational or work experience.
An example of resume is a summary of qualifications and experience prepared to give to a potential employer.
- Resume is defined as to take or get something back or to begin something again.
An example of resume is a play starting again after an intermission.
An example of a resume.
resume definition by Webster's New World
- to take, get, or occupy again: to resume one's seat
- to take back or take on again: to resume a former name
- to begin again or go on with again after interruption: to resume a conversation
- to summarize or make a résumé of
Origin: Middle English resumen, to assume ; from Middle French resumer ; from Classical Latin resumere ; from re-, again plush sumere, to take: see consume
- resumable adjective
resume definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb re·sumed, re·sum·ing, re·sumes verb, transitive
- To begin or take up again after interruption: resumed our dinner.
- To assume, take, or occupy again: The dog resumed its post by the door.
- To take on or take back again: resumed my original name.
Origin: Middle English resumen, from Old French resumer, from Latin resūmere : re-, re- + sūmere, to take; see em- in Indo-European roots.
- re·sumˈa·ble adjective
- re·sumˈer noun
or re·su·me or ré·su·ménoun
- A brief account of one's professional or work experience and qualifications, often submitted with an employment application.
- A summary: a resumé of the facts of the case.
Origin: French, from past participle of résumer, to summarize, from Old French resumer, to resume; see resume .
resume - Business Definition
Variant of résumé