An example of a resume.
- The definition of a resume is a summary of educational or work experience.
An example of resume is a summary of qualifications and experience prepared to give to a potential employer.
- Resume is defined as to take or get something back or to begin something again.
An example of resume is a play starting again after an intermission.
transitive verb-·sumed′, -·sum′ing
- to take, get, or occupy again: to resume one's seat
- to take back or take on again: to resume a former name
- to begin again or go on with again after interruption: to resume a conversation
- to summarize or make a résumé of
Origin of resumeMiddle English resumen, to assume from Middle French resumer from Classical Latin resumere from re-, again + sumere, to take: see consume
- a summing up; summary
- a statement of a job applicant's previous employment experience, education, etc.also written resume or resumé
Origin of résuméFr, past participle of résumer: see resume
verbre·sumed, re·sum·ing, re·sumes
- To begin or take up again after interruption: resumed our dinner.
- To assume, take, or occupy again: The dog resumed its post by the door.
- To take on or take back again: resumed my original name.
Origin of resumeMiddle English resumen from Old French resumer from Latin resūmere re- re- sūmere to take ; see em- in Indo-European roots.
or re·su·me or re·su·mé
- A brief account of one's professional or work experience and qualifications, often submitted with an employment application.
- A summary: a résumé of the facts of the case.
Origin of resumeFrench summary from past participle of résumer to summarize from Old French resumer to resume ; see resume .
(third-person singular simple present resumes, present participle resuming, simple past and past participle resumed)
- This is a catenative verb that takes the gerund (-ing).
- (US) A summary of education and employment experience.
- The spellings rÃ©sumÃ© and, to a lesser extent, resumÃ© are preferred by dictionaries, while the spelling resume is more likely to be found on the web. See also rÃ©sumÃ©#Usage notes.
From French rÃ©sumÃ©