- The definition of a bio is a short story written about a person's life.
An example of a bio is a few paragraphs describing a person's life history.
- Bio means of life or living things.
An example of bio is biography which is the story of a person's life.
Origin of bio-Classical Greek ; from bios, life ; from Indo-European base an unverified form gwei-, to live from source quick, Classical Latin vivere, to live, vita, life, Old Irish biu, living, Classical Greek bioun, to live, zōion, animal
nounpl. bi·os Informal
- A biography.
- A biographical sketch or outline.
- Life; living organism: biome.
- Biology; biological: biophysics.
Origin of bio-Greek, from bios, life; see gwei- in Indo-European roots.
- (life): thanato-
From Ancient Greek βίο- (bio-), combining form and stem of βίος (bios, “life”).