- The definition of a bio is a short story written about a person's life.
An example of a bio is a few paragraphs describing a person's life history.
- Bio means of life or living things.
An example of bio is biography which is the story of a person's life.
Origin of bio-Classical Greek from bios, life from Indo-European base an unverified form gwei-, to live from source quick, Classical Latin vivere, to live, vita, life, Old Irish biu, living, Classical Greek bioun, to live, z?ion, animal
nounpl. bi·os Informal
- A biography.
- A biographical sketch or outline.
- Life; living organism: biome.
- Biology; biological: biophysics.
Origin of bio-Greek from bios life ; see gwei- in Indo-European roots.
- Abbreviation of biology.
From Ancient Greek Î²Î¯Î¿- (bio-), combining form and stem of Î²Î¯Î¿Ï‚ (bios, “life").