- That can be resumed.
- Support for resumable downloads means that you can carry on where you left off if you are disconnected from the Internet halfway through.
resume + -able
Variant of resume
transitive verbresumed, resuming
- to take, get, or occupy again: to resume one's seat
- to take back or take on again: to resume a former name
- to begin again or go on with again after interruption: to resume a conversation
- to summarize or make a résumé of
Origin of resumeMiddle English resumen, to assume ; from Middle French resumer ; from Classical Latin resumere ; from re-, again + sumere, to take: see consume
to begin again or go on again after interruption