The definition of a skit is a short play or piece of writing that is usually funny.
An example of a skit is a brief comedy show put on by second graders.
- Now Rare a taunt; gibe
- a short piece of satirical or humorous writing
- a brief, comic performance piece, typically of an informal nature, as for two or more actors
Origin of skit; from dialect, dialectal , verb , to be skittish, taunt, probably ; from Scandinavian variant, variety of Old Norse skj?ta, shoot
- A short, usually comic dramatic performance or work; a theatrical sketch.
- A short humorous or satirical piece of writing.
Origin of skitOrigin unknown.
(third-person singular simple present skits, present participle skitting, simple past and past participle skitted)
- (Ireland, Liverpudlian) to make fun of. (Used in Merseyside)