The group of students performed a funny and entertaining skit for the high school talent show.
An example of a skit is a brief comedy show put on by second graders.
- Now Rare a taunt; gibe
- a short piece of satirical or humorous writing
- a brief, comic performance piece, typically of an informal nature, as for two or more actors
Origin of skitfrom dialect, dialectal , verb , to be skittish, taunt, probably from Scandinavian variant, variety of Old Norse skj?ta, shoot
- A short, usually comic dramatic performance or work; a theatrical sketch.
- A short humorous or satirical piece of writing.
Origin of skitOrigin unknown
(third-person singular simple present skits, present participle skitting, simple past and past participle skitted)
- (Ireland, Liverpudlian) to make fun of. (Used in Merseyside)