- Improv is defined as improvisation which is the art of acting out a skit without preparation.
An example of improv is a comedy show where actors do not practice the skits before hand.
- Improv means to do something without preparation.
An example of to improv is to come up with a speech off the top of one's head when all of his notes have just been destroyed.
- improvisation; specif., a skit or act in which the actors improvise a situation
- the art or technique of doing such improvisations
- Improvisation: practiced improv with my acting class.
- An improvisation: did a funny improv about looking for a job.
improv - Computer Definition
A multidimensional Windows spreadsheet from Lotus that allows for easy switching to different views of the data. Data are referenced by name as in a database, rather than the typical spreadsheet row and column coordinates. Improv was originally developed for the NeXt computer.