- improvisation; specif., a skit or act in which the actors improvise a situation
- the art or technique of doing such improvisations
- Improv is defined as improvisation which is the art of acting out a skit without preparation.
An example of improv is a comedy show where actors do not practice the skits before hand.
- Improv means to do something without preparation.
An example of to improv is to come up with a speech off the top of one's head when all of his notes have just been destroyed.
- Improvisation: practiced improv with my acting class.
- An improvisation: did a funny improv about looking for a job.
improv - Computer Definition
A multidimensional Windows spreadsheet from Lotus that allows for easy switching to different views of the data. Data are referenced by name as in a database, rather than the typical spreadsheet row and column coordinates. Improv was originally developed for the NeXt computer.
- Instead of having general classes in the performing arts, these camps allow teens to plan their own curriculum and be as specific as they want, whether it's taking pottery classes, improv, or costume design.
- Improv Scenes, Questions and Songs: Write down a few fun scenes for the teens to act out, such as arriving at a birthday party or asking a question in math class.
- From ancient forms like T'ai Chi to contemporary contact improv, letting your mind relax into the dance is a great tool for self-improvement.
- Stephanie Courtney remains in Los Angeles and is married to a man she met while appearing regularly on stage with an improv group.
- Based on the movie Wedding Crashers, this reality show featured a team of five improv comedy actors who crashed real weddings.