improvisation[im präv′i zā′s̸hən, im′prə vi-]
- The definition of improvisation is the act of coming up with something on the spot.
An example of improvisation is a set of actors performing without a script.
- the act of improvising
- something improvised
- The act or art of improvising.
- Something improvised, such as a musical passage or comedic skit.
- The act or art of composing and rendering music, poetry, and the like, extemporaneously; as, improvisation on the organ.
- That which is improvised; an impromptu.
- Musical technique, characteristic of blues music.
- The act of improvising, acting or going about something without planning ahead
From French improvisation.