- The definition of improvisation is the act of coming up with something on the spot.
An example of improvisation is a set of actors performing without a script.
improvisation definition by Webster's New World
- the act of improvising
- something improvised
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- improvisational adjective
improvisation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or art of improvising.
- Something improvised, especially a musical passage or a dramatic skit.
- im·provˌi·saˈtion·al adjective
- im·provˌi·saˈtion·al·ly adverb