- improvisation; specif., a skit or act in which the actors improvise a situation
- the art or technique of doing such improvisations
- Improv is defined as improvisation which is the art of acting out a skit without preparation.
An example of improv is a comedy show where actors do not practice the skits before hand.
- Improv means to do something without preparation.
An example of to improv is to come up with a speech off the top of one's head when all of his notes have just been destroyed.
- Improvisation: practiced improv with my acting class.
- An improvisation: did a funny improv about looking for a job.
improv - Computer Definition
A multidimensional Windows spreadsheet from Lotus that allows for easy switching to different views of the data. Data are referenced by name as in a database, rather than the typical spreadsheet row and column coordinates. Improv was originally developed for the NeXt computer.
- Improv Scenes, Questions and Songs: Write down a few fun scenes for the teens to act out, such as arriving at a birthday party or asking a question in math class.
- From ancient forms like T'ai Chi to contemporary contact improv, letting your mind relax into the dance is a great tool for self-improvement.
- Stephanie Courtney remains in Los Angeles and is married to a man she met while appearing regularly on stage with an improv group.
- Based on the movie Wedding Crashers, this reality show featured a team of five improv comedy actors who crashed real weddings.
- Studio "B" and Tempo are designed for dancers who don't wear shoes, such as modern or contact improv performers.