- covered with clouds; overcast
- of or like clouds
- variegated or streaked, as marble
- opaque, muddy, or foggy: a cloudy liquid
- obscure; vague; not clear: cloudy ideas
- troubled; gloomy
- Full of or covered with clouds; overcast.
- Of or like a cloud or clouds.
- Marked with indistinct masses or streaks: cloudy marble.
- Not transparent, as certain liquids.
- a. Open to more than one interpretation.b. Not clearly perceived or perceptible.
- Troubled; gloomy: His future at the company is cloudy.
(comparative cloudier, superlative cloudiest)
cloud + -y