- Nebulous is defined as something that has to do with a cloud of gas or dust in space.
An example of nebulous is a star cluster.
- The definition of nebulous is someone or something that is vague or unclear.
An example of nebulous is a plan that doesn't describe the intended outcome.
This star cluster is an example of something that is nebulous.
nebulous definition by Webster's New World
- of or like a nebula or nebulae
- Rare cloudy; misty
- unclear; vague; indefinite
Origin: Middle English nebulus ; from Classical Latin nebulosus
nebulous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Cloudy, misty, or hazy.
- Lacking definite form or limits; vague: nebulous assurances of future cooperation.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a nebula.
Origin: Middle English, from Latin nebulōsus, from nebula, cloud; see nebh- in Indo-European roots.
- nebˈu·lous·ly adverb
- nebˈu·lous·ness noun