The definition of uncertain is not definite or not confirmed.adjective
An example of uncertain is if you are not sure what you are going to be doing tomorrow; uncertain schedule.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- not surely or certainly known; questionable; problematic
- not sure or certain in knowledge; doubtful
- not definite or determined; vague
- liable to vary or change; not dependable or reliable
- not steady or constant; varying
Origin: ME uncertayn
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Not known or established; questionable: domestic changes of great if uncertain consequences.
- Not determined; undecided: uncertain plans.
- Not having sure knowledge: an uncertain recollection of the sequence of events.
- a. Subject to change; variable: uncertain weather.b. Unsteady; fitful: uncertain light.
- un·cerˈtain·ly adverb
- un·cerˈtain·ness noun