- not settled or orderly; disordered
- not stable or fixed; changeable; uncertain
- not decided or determined
- not paid, allotted, or otherwise disposed of: an unsettled debt or estate
- ☆ having no settlers; unpopulated
- not established in a place or abode
See unsettled in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Not in a state of order or calmness; disturbed: these unsettled times.
- Likely to change or vary; variable: unsettled weather.
a. Not determined or resolved: an unsettled issue.
b. Uncertain or doubtful: were still unsettled with respect to their future plans.
- Not paid or adjusted; outstanding: an unsettled bill.
- Not populated; uninhabited: unsettled territory.
- Not fixed or established: an unsettled lifestyle.
Learn more about unsettled