Uncertainty is defined as doubt.noun
- When you feel as if you are not sure if you want to take a new job or not, this is an example of uncertainty.
- When the economy is going bad and causing everyone to worry about what will happen next, this is an example of an uncertainty.
- lack of certainty; doubt
- pl. uncertainties something uncertain
Origin: ME uncerteynte
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. un·cer·tain·ties
- The condition of being uncertain; doubt.
- Something uncertain: the uncertainties of modern life.
- Statistics The estimated amount or percentage by which an observed or calculated value may differ from the true value.