- Well defined describes something that is clearly described and completely laid out.
A yard with a fence in place is an example of a yard with a well defined boundary.
- The definition of well defined is physical features or attributes that are precise and outlined clearly.
An example of well defined is a person with an hour-glass figure.
clearly defined; sharply delimited, described, differentiated, etc.; distinct in outline, meaning, nature, etc.
- Having definite and distinct lines or features: a well-defined silhouette.
- Accurately and unambiguously stated or described: a well-defined argument.
- Sam's role harks back to a time in which master and servant had well-defined spheres and in which servants absorbed the status and values of their masters, rejoicing in their successes and commiserating at their failures.
- If you decide you want to add bulk or look really "ripped" (with very well-defined muscles), check with a nutritionist to learn how to adjust your diet.
- Having a well-defined mission statement and ethics policy helps ensure that both you and your employees know where you stand on certain issues.
- The upper surface of the leaves is green, the under side glaucous, but there is usually, when young, a well-defined margin of red or brown.
- Many people consider a flat stomach and very well-defined abs to be a mark of true physical beauty and also of excellent fitness.