- The definition of underwater is something that is used or done under water.
An example of something underwater is an reef that is submerged in water.
- Underwater means that you owe more on your home or property than it is worth.
An example of being underwater is having the value of your house drop below the amount of the mortgage.
- Underwater is defined as to be submerged in water.
An example of underwater is where deep sea divers are when they dive.
A little girl swims underwater.
underwater definition by Webster's New World
- being, placed, done, etc. beneath the surface of the water
- used or for use under water
- below the waterline of a ship
underwater definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Relating to, occurring, used, or performed beneath the surface of water.
- Nautical Below the water line of a vessel.
- unˌder·waˈter adverb
underwater - Business Definition
- Describing a loan in which the amount owed is greater than the value of the asset being used as collateral for the loan. For example, the market value of a home is less than the outstanding balance on the loan that financed the home's purchase.
- Of or relating to a stock option for which the option exercise price is higher than the market price of the stock.
underwater - Investment & Finance Definition
A call option with a strike price that is higher than the market price of the underlying security or a put option whose strike price is lower than the market price of the underlying security. Until expiration, however, the underwater option still has the time value of money because the price of the underlying instrument can change.