A little girl swims underwater.
- The definition of underwater is something that is used or done under water.
An example of something underwater is an reef that is submerged in water.
- Underwater means that you owe more on your home or property than it is worth.
An example of being underwater is having the value of your house drop below the amount of the mortgage.
- Underwater is defined as to be submerged in water.
An example of underwater is where deep sea divers are when they dive.
- being, placed, done, etc. beneath the surface of the water
- used or for use under water
- below the waterline of a ship
- Relating to, occurring, used, or performed beneath the surface of water.
- Nautical Below the water line of a vessel.
(comparative more underwater, superlative most underwater)
- (not comparable) beneath the surface of the water, or of or pertaining to the region beneath the water surface
- (nautical) beneath the water line of a vessel
- (figuratively) Under water.
- (finance) having negative equity; owing more on an asset than its market value
- We've been underwater on our mortgage ever since the housing crash.
(third-person singular simple present underwaters, present participle underwatering, simple past and past participle underwatered)
underwater - Investment & Finance Definition
A call option with a strike price that is higher than the market price of the underlying security or a put option whose strike price is lower than the market price of the underlying security. Until expiration, however, the underwater option still has the time value of money because the price of the underlying instrument can change.