- being, placed, done, etc. beneath the surface of the water
- used or for use under water
- below the waterline of a ship
- of or having an asset that has a value less than its specified purchase price, as a stock option, or less than an outstanding loan against it, as a propertyalso written under water
A little girl swims underwater.
- The definition of underwater is something that is used or done under water.
An example of something underwater is an reef that is submerged in water.
- Underwater means that you owe more on your home or property than it is worth.
An example of being underwater is having the value of your house drop below the amount of the mortgage.
- Underwater is defined as to be submerged in water.
An example of underwater is where deep sea divers are when they dive.
- Relating to, occurring, used, or performed beneath the surface of water.
- Nautical Below the water line of a vessel.
(comparative more underwater, superlative most underwater)
- (not comparable) beneath the surface of the water, or of or pertaining to the region beneath the water surface
- (nautical) beneath the water line of a vessel
- (figuratively) Under water.
- (finance) having negative equity; owing more on an asset than its market value
- We've been underwater on our mortgage ever since the housing crash.
(third-person singular simple present underwaters, present participle underwatering, simple past and past participle underwatered)
underwater - Investment & Finance Definition
A call option with a strike price that is higher than the market price of the underlying security or a put option whose strike price is lower than the market price of the underlying security. Until expiration, however, the underwater option still has the time value of money because the price of the underlying instrument can change.
- There is a diversity of underwater habitats present there.
- Not only can you count on Speedo to provide quality goggles, you can trust that the latest swim technology has been incorporated into their product, ensuring that you're receiving only the best underwater eye protection available.
- Todd Essick: Known for his unique and beautiful underwater nude photography, Todd Essick attempts to fuse the beauty of the sea with the beauty of the female form, an allusion to Venus who came from the sea and was the goddess of beauty.
- These days you can find a wide range of underwater photo accessories from rudimentary waterproof cameras that can be thrown away after a single-use to high tech water resistant housing units that retail for tens of thousands of dollars.
- The cruises take place on the 70-foot double-deck catamaran dubbed the "Spirit of Kona," which features two underwater viewing ports where you can watch dolphins, turtles and a variety of tropical fish in their natural habitat.