deferred[dē fʉrd′, di-]
- The definition of deferred is put off or delayed.
- An example of deferred is a project that has been put on the back burner.
- An example of deferred is income or interest which will be not be paid until a certain date.
- having the rights, interest, or payment withheld until a certain date: a deferred annuity
Origin of deferredpast participle of defer
- Postponed or delayed: deferred gratification; deferred military draft.
- Withheld until a future date: deferred benefits; a deferred payment.
(comparative more deferred, superlative most deferred)
- Simple past tense and past participle of defer.
Variant of defer