deferred[dē fʉrd′, di-]
- The definition of deferred is put off or delayed.
- An example of deferred is a project that has been put on the back burner.
- An example of deferred is income or interest which will be not be paid until a certain date.
deferred definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- having the rights, interest, or payment withheld until a certain date: a deferred annuity
Origin: past participle of defer
deferred definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Postponed or delayed: deferred gratification; deferred military draft.
- Withheld until a future date: deferred benefits; a deferred payment.
Variant of defer