An example of def used as an adjective is in the phrase "that music is def," which means the music is excellent.
adjectivedef·fer, def·fest Slang
Origin of defShort for definite
(comparative deffer, superlative deffest)
- (US, slang) very good (short for "definitive" or "definitely")
- (law) Abbreviation of defense.
This is the customary abbreviation of this term as used in case citations. See, e.g., The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, Nineteenth Edition (2010), "Case Names and Institutional Authors in Citations", Table T6, p. 430-431.
- He has been a featured performer on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Show with David Letterman, The Rosie O'Donnell Show, Saturday Night Live, Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry and Dancing with the Stars.
- Popular music followers might find it interesting that guitarist Walter Becker of Steely Dan and drummer Rick Allen of Def Leppard were two of the 70-plus musicians helping Das on the latter effort.
- Def Jam Rapstar is a singing simulation game where you rap some of the genres biggest hits like "Hypnotize" from The Notorious B.I.G and "Gold Digger" by Kanye West.
- Braga's first foray into American film was alongside Brendan Fraser and Mos Def in the movie Journey to the End of Night, which went straight to video.
- The extensive list of films reviewed are done so by everyday people who are registered users of High Def Forum as opposed to professional movie reviewers.