- The definition of income is the amount of money received by a person, group or company during a certain period of time.
An example of an income is a $70,000 a year salary.
income definition by Webster's New World
- Archaic the act or an instance of coming in
- the money or other gain received, esp. in a given period, by an individual, corporation, etc. for labor or services or from property, investments, operations, etc.
Origin: ME: see in and amp; come
income definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The amount of money or its equivalent received during a period of time in exchange for labor or services, from the sale of goods or property, or as profit from financial investments.
- The act of coming in; entrance.
Origin: Middle English, arrival, entrance, from incomen, to come in, from Old English incuman : in, in; see in1 + cuman, to come; see come .
income - Business Definition
income - Cultural Definition
income - Legal Definition