- The definition of means is money or financing to afford or do something.
An example of means is having the necessary money to go to Disneyland.
- Means is defined as the way to do something.
An example of means is the way you travel from point a to point b.
- [with sing. or pl. v.] that by which something is done or obtained; agency: the fastest means of travel
- resources or available wealth: to live beyond one's means
- great wealth; riches: a person of means
Origin of meansfrom mean, noun
by all means
- without fail
- of course; certainly
by any means
in any way possible; at all; somehow
by means of
by using; with the aid of; through
by no (manner of) means
not at all; in no way
means to an end
a method of getting or accomplishing what one wants
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of mean