- The definition of means is money or financing to afford or do something.
An example of means is having the necessary money to go to Disneyland.
- Means is defined as the way to do something.
An example of means is the way you travel from point a to point b.
- that by which something is done or obtained; agency: the fastest means of travel
- resources or available wealth: to live beyond one's means
- great wealth; riches: a person of means
Origin of means; from mean,
by all means
- without fail
- of course; certainly
by any means
by means of
by no (manner of) means
means to an end
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of mean