- Submitted is defined as given to, or referred to another, for judgment.
An example of submitted is an invoice that's been sent to a manager for their approval.
Variant of submit
- to present or refer to others for decision, consideration, etc.
- to yield to the action, control, power, etc. of another or others; also, to subject or allow to be subjected to treatment, analysis, etc. of some sort: often used reflexively
- to offer as an opinion; suggest; propose
Origin: Middle English submitten from Classical Latin submittere from sub-, under, down plush mittere, to send: see mission
- to yield to the power, control, etc. of another or others; give in
- to allow oneself to be subjected (to treatment, analysis, etc.)
- to defer to another's judgment or decision
- to be submissive, obedient, humble, etc.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.