- The definition of submittable is able to present or to yield to the power.
An example of submittable used as an adjective is the phrase "submittable homework," which means homework that is acceptable to be handed in to the teacher.
- Capable of being submitted or appropriate to be submitted.
submit + -able
Variant of submit
transitive verbsubmitted, submitting
- to present or refer to others for decision, consideration, etc.
- to yield to the action, control, power, etc. of another or others; also, to subject or allow to be subjected to treatment, analysis, etc. of some sort: often used reflexively
- to offer as an opinion; suggest; propose
Origin of submitMiddle English submitten ; from Classical Latin submittere ; from sub-, under, down + mittere, to send: see mission
- to yield to the power, control, etc. of another or others; give in
- to allow oneself to be subjected (to treatment, analysis, etc.)
- to defer to another's judgment or decision
- to be submissive, obedient, humble, etc.