An example of submittable used as an adjective is the phrase "submittable homework," which means homework that is acceptable to be handed in to the teacher.
- Capable of being submitted or appropriate to be submitted.
submit + -able
Variant of submit
transitive verbsubmitted, submitting
- to present or refer to others for decision, consideration, etc.
- to yield to the action, control, power, etc. of another or others; also, to subject or allow to be subjected to treatment, analysis, etc. of some sort: often used reflexively
- to offer as an opinion; suggest; propose
Origin of submitMiddle English submitten ; from Classical Latin submittere ; from sub-, under, down + mittere, to send: see mission
- to yield to the power, control, etc. of another or others; give in
- to allow oneself to be subjected (to treatment, analysis, etc.)
- to defer to another's judgment or decision
- to be submissive, obedient, humble, etc.