- The definition of playful is a lively and fun person or thing, or something said or done in a joking way.
- An example of playful is a dog fetching a ball.
- An example of playful is a satire.
- fond of play or fun; frisky
- said or done in fun; jocular
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Full of fun and high spirits; frolicsome or sportive: a playful kitten.
- Humorous; jesting: “He meant to be conversationally playful but his voice had no tone” (Saul Bellow).
- playˈful·ly adverb
- playˈful·ness noun