Melanie's saucy attitude is often a challenge for her father.
- An overly forward and rude remark is an example of a saucy remark.
- A bold and lively attitude is an example of a saucy attitude.
The definition of saucy is someone or something overly forward or bold, lively, impertinent or flippant.
- rude; impudent
- pert; sprightly: a saucy smile
- stylish or smart: her saucy new hat
Origin of saucysauc(e) + -y
- Impertinent or disrespectful, especially in a playful or lively way: a saucy servant; a saucy smile.
- Attractive or stylish, especially in being sexually alluring: a saucy dress.
- Having the consistency of or covered with sauce: saucy meatballs.
(comparative saucier, superlative sauciest)
- Similar to sauce; having the consistency or texture of sauce.
- Impertinent or disrespectful, often in a way that is regarded as entertaining or amusing; smart.
- She is a loud, saucy child who doesn't show a lot of respect to her elders.
- Impudently bold; pert; piquant.
- Mildly erotic.
- My wife and I enjoyed the dancing, but she found it a little too saucy.