- The definition of pert is something that is bold and stylish with a little attitude, or lively and stimulating.
- An example of something pert is a hat that is perched in a confident and provocative way.
- An example of something pert is a group of older women who love to dance.
pert definition by Webster's New World
- bold or impudent in speech or behavior; saucy; forward
- chic and jaunty
- Dialectal in good spirits or health; lively; brisk
- Obsolete clever
Origin: Middle English aphetic for apert ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin apertus, open: see aperture
Origin: ; from P(rogram) E(valuation and) R(eview) T(echnique)a system of planning, scheduling, controlling, and reviewing a series of interdependent events in order to follow a proper sequence and complete a project as quickly and inexpensively as possible
pert definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective pert·er, pert·est
- Trim and stylish in appearance; jaunty: a pert hat.
- High-spirited; vivacious.
- Impudently bold; saucy.
Origin: Middle English, unconcealed, bold, short for apert, obvious, frank (probably influenced by Old French aspert, espert, clever), from Old French, from Latin apertus, open, past participle of aperīre, to open; see wer-4 in Indo-European roots.
- pertˈly adverb
- pertˈness noun
pert - Business Definition
pert - Medical Definition
, Candace Beebe Born 1946.