- The definition of brisk is chilly weather or something energetic, lively and fast-paced.
- An example of something that would be described as brisk is a chilly fall day.
- An example of something that would be described as brisk is a fast walk.
Two women out for a brisk walk.
brisk definition by Webster's New World
- quick in manner or movement; energetic: a brisk pace
- cool, dry, and bracing: brisk air
- pungent, keen, sharp, etc.: a brisk taste, a brisk tone of voice
- active; busy: brisk trading
Origin: ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps French brusque, brusque
brisk definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective brisk·er, brisk·est
- Marked by speed, liveliness, and vigor; energetic: had a brisk walk in the park.
- Keen or sharp in speech or manner: a brisk greeting.
- Stimulating and invigorating: a brisk wind.
- Pleasantly zestful: a brisk tea.
Origin: Probably of Scandinavian origin.
- briskˈly adverb
- briskˈness noun