- The definition of nimble is someone who is spry, and quick to move or understand.
- An example of someone who would be described as nimble is a gymnast who is graceful and flexible.
- An example of someone who would be described as nimble is someone who grasps concepts quickly and understands things the first time they are explained.
A very nimble man.Licensed from iStockPhoto
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective nim·bler, nim·blest
- Quick, light, or agile in movement or action; deft: nimble fingers. See Synonyms at dexterous.
- Quick, clever, and acute in devising or understanding: nimble wits.
Origin: Middle English nemel, from Old English nǣmel, quick to seize and numol, quick at learning; see nem- in Indo-European roots.
- nimˈble·ness noun
- nimˈbly adverb