- The definition of agile is a person or thing that is nimble and moves quickly and easily.
- The way a cheetah moves is an example of agile movement.
- A comedian able to create new material on the spot is an example of an agile mind.
The cheetah is very agile.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- quick and easy of movement; deft and active
- keen and lively: an agile wit
Origin: French ; from Classical Latin agilis ; from agere, act
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Characterized by quickness, lightness, and ease of movement; nimble.
- Mentally quick or alert: an agile mind.
Origin: French, from Latin agilis, from agere, to drive, do; see ag- in Indo-European roots.
- agˈile·ly adverb
- agˈile·ness noun
agile - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.