- The definition of lumbering is a heavy or clumsy movement.
An example of lumbering is an elephant climbing a muddy hill; a lumbering elephant.
- Lumbering is defined as cutting down trees and turning them into pieces of wood used for building.
An example of lumbering is using a chain saw to cut down trees which will eventually be made into 2x4s.
the work or business of cutting down trees and preparing lumber
- moving heavily, clumsily, or noisily
- Then she started out at a lumbering run toward Carmen.
- (I) The style has unquestionably a slow and lumbering movement, in marked contrast with the quick effectiveness of Romans and Galatians.
- Lumbering and farming are also important industries.
- The city is in a rich lumbering, gardening, farming, and copper-, goldand silver-mining district.
- It is therefore a sparsely settled region with lumbering for one of the leading industries, though there is some mining, as of iron.