- The definition of dexterous is someone skilled at using their body, hands or mind.
- An example of dexterous is a yoga master.
- An example of dexterous is Beethoven's piano skill.
A dexterous woman practices yoga.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- having or showing skill in the use of the hands or body
- having or showing mental skill
Origin: dexter plush -ous
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Skillful in the use of the hands.
- Having mental skill or adroitness.
- Done with dexterity.
Origin: From Latin dexter, skillful; see dexter.
- dexˈter·ous·ly adverb
- dexˈter·ous·ness noun