A dexterous woman practices yoga.
- An example of dexterous is a yoga master.
- An example of dexterous is Beethoven's piano skill.
The definition of dexterous is someone skilled at using their body, hands or mind.
- having or showing skill in the use of the hands or body
- having or showing mental skill
Origin of dexterousdexter + -ous
- Skillful in the use of the hands.
- Having mental skill or adroitness.
- Done with dexterity: a dexterous maneuver.
Origin of dexterousFrom Latin dexter skillful ; see dexter .
(comparative more dexterous, superlative most dexterous)