It takes a certain dexterity to knit.
Dexterity is defined as skill or grace when doing actions, especially using your hands and body.
An example of dexterity is when you are a skilled knitter.
- skill in using one's hands or body; adroitness
- skill in using one's mind; cleverness
Origin of dexterityClassical Latin dexteritas, skillfulness, handiness from dexter: see dexter
- Skill and grace in physical movement, especially in the use of the hands; adroitness.
- Mental skill or adroitness; cleverness.
Origin of dexterityFrench dextérité from Latin dexteritās from dexter skillful ; see dexter .
(countable and uncountable, plural dexterities)
- Skill in performing tasks, especially with the hands.
- Playing computer games can improve your manual dexterity.
- She twirled the knife through her fingers with impressive dexterity.
- (role-playing games) Skill in using ranged weapons.