- alive or seeming alive; living or lifelike
- showing animation; lively
- of or having to do with an animated cartoon or its preparation
- Someone described as "bigger than life" is an example of animated.
- The facial expressions on a mime's face are an example of animated.
- Toy Story is an example of an animated movie.
The definition of animated is to have or seem to have life or be lively.
- Filled with activity, vigor, or spirit; lively: an animated conversation.
- Made or depicted using animation: animated cartoons.
(comparative more animated, superlative most animated)
- simple past tense and past participle of animate
- That same evening there was an animated discussion among the squadron's officers in Denisov's quarters.
- Now kids are making animated movies on handheld tablets.
- Howie continued, as animated as a kindergartener at show and tell.
- Every time he looked at his bare feet a smile of animated self-satisfaction flitted across his face.
- They are Nature's watchmen--links which connect the days of animated life.