- The definition of animated is to have or seem to have life or be lively.
- Someone described as "bigger than life" is an example of animated.
- The facial expressions on a mime's face are an example of animated.
- Toy Story is an example of an animated movie.
animated definition by Webster's New World
- alive or seeming alive; living or lifelike
- showing animation; lively
- animatedly adverb
animated definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having life; alive. See Synonyms at living.
- Filled with activity, vigor, or spirit; lively.
- Designed or constructed in the form of an animated cartoon.
- anˈi·matˌed·ly adverb
Variant of animate
- to give life to; bring to life
- to make energetic or spirited
- to stimulate to action or creative effort; inspire
- to give motion to; put into action: the breeze animated the leaves
- to make move so as to seem lifelike: to animate puppets
- to produce as an animated cartoon: to animate a fairy tale
Origin: ; from Classical Latin animatus, past participle of animare, to make alive, fill with breath ; from anima: see animal
- living; having life, esp. animal life
- lively; vigorous; spirited
- animateness noun