- lifted up; raised; high
- exalted; dignified; lofty
- high-spirited; exhilarated
- higher than normal: an elevated temperature
- a. Raised, especially above the ground: an elevated platform.b. Increased in amount or degree: an elevated temperature.
- a. Morally or intellectually superior.b. Formal; lofty: an elevated prose style.
- Elated in feeling or mood; high-spirited.
- Slightly drunk; tipsy: “[Samuel Johnson], from drinking only water, supposed everybody who drank wine to be elevated” ( James Boswell )
An elevated railway.
- simple past tense and past participle of elevate