An elevated window cleaner.
elevated definition by Webster's New World
- lifted up; raised; high
- exalted; dignified; lofty
- high-spirited; exhilarated
- higher than normal: an elevated temperature
elevated definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Raised especially above the ground: an elevated platform.b. Increased in amount or degree: an elevated temperature.
- a. Morally or intellectually superior.b. Formal; lofty: an elevated prose style.
- Elated in feeling or mood; high-spirited.
Variant of elevate
- to lift up; raise
- to raise the pitch or volume of (esp. the voice)
- to raise (a person) in rank or position; promote
- to raise to a higher intellectual or moral level
- to raise the spirits of; elate; exhilarate
Origin: Middle English elevaten ; from Classical Latin elevatus, past participle of elevare, to raise ; from e-, out plush levare, to make light, lift ; from levis, light