The definition of distinguished is an important, dignified, classy person.
An example of a distinguished man is the character "Big" from Sex and the City or a movie actor like Cary Grant.
- celebrated; eminent
- having an air of distinction
- Characterized by excellence or distinction; eminent: distinguished scientists.
- Dignified in conduct or appearance: a distinguished gentleman.
(comparative more distinguished, superlative most distinguished)
- celebrated, well-known or eminent because of past achievements; prestigious
- The lecture was attended by many distinguished mathematicians.
- Having a dignified appearance or demeanor
- Her father was a distinguished gentleman, albeit a poor one.
- (mathematics) Specified, noted.
- Let X be a topological space with a distinguished point p.
- simple past tense and past participle of distinguish