- of or suited to a low position or rank
- humble; meek
- ordinary; commonplace
- humbly; meekly
- in a low manner, position, etc.
- low in sound; softly; gently
- Having or suited for a low rank or position.
- Humble or meek in manner.
- Plain or prosaic in nature.
- In a low manner, condition, or position.
- In a meek or humble manner.
- Low in sound.
(comparative lowlier, superlative lowliest)
- Not high; not elevated in place; low.
- Low in rank or social importance.
- Not lofty or sublime; humble.
- Having a low esteem of one's own worth; humble; meek; free from pride.
(comparative more lowly, superlative most lowly)
- In a low manner; humbly; meekly; modestly.
- In a low condition; meanly.
From low +"Ž -ly.